Founded by the BTHA, the Toy Trust- the industry’s charity- exists to raise money predominantly from the toy industry, its suppliers and friends; and distribute the money raised to charities helping disadvantaged and disabled children within the UK and abroad.
The main functions of the Toy Trust:
- Co-ordinates and organises various fundraising activities for its members
- Makes donations only to charities for children
- Provides emergency aid in any crisis involving children
Money raised through fundraising events and other initiatives is distributed by the Toy Trust committee that meets five or six times each year to allocate grants to children’s causes in need of support. All projects and charities, whether local, national or international, will receive consideration from the committee.
Toy Trust funds help disadvantaged children and their families to:
- Alleviate suffering
- Support children through awful experiences
- Encourage achievement through adversity
- Purchase vital equipment
- Provide care
- Bolster existing initiatives
- Initiate brand new projects
- Satisfy basic needs
Anyone wishing to raise money on behalf of the Toy Trust should contact Matt Jones at the BTHA events team.